Easy Cannabis Infused Chocolate Buttons Recipe
Too afraid of wasting precious cannabis, I’d never made edibles. But, the kief collector of my grinder was packed! After watching a few videos, I made a plan that would take the least effort and time. I estimated the kief was 5 grams = 5000 mg X 45% = 2250 mg THC after decarb. I made 525 buttons = 4.29 mg THC/button.
Here’s What You Need for Your Infused Chocolate
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips1/4 cup butterwax paperziplock bagfrosting applicator tipgrinder kief
1) Decarb kief in the toaster oven: 250 degrees – 35 minutes. I used silicone cupcake molds.
2) Melt the butter in a double boiler, scoop out as much of the white stuff as you can.
3) Stir in the decarbed kief. Stir for 7 minutes.
4) Stir in the chocolate chips and melt. Stir well.
5) Pour the melted, cannabis-infused chocolate into the ziplock bag (prepared like a frosting piping bag. The hole must be small because of the runny viscosity). Wear knit winter gloves to protect your hands from the heat.
6) Gently squeeze the ziplock bag to make rows of chocolate buttons on wax paper. Make them a consistent even size.
7) To prevent waste, use a spatula (rubber scraper) on the outside of the bag to “squeegee” the remaining chocolate into the corner by the applicator tip.
8) Let them cool overnight or in the freezer for at least an hour.
9) Peel the chocolate buttons from the wax paper. Store in the fridge to prevent melting.
And that’s all there is to it! If you try out his quick and easy recipe, let us know how it goes by sharing your photos in our community!