Get your New York Medical Cannabis Card
1. Find Out if You Qualify
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injury with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Wasting syndrome
2. Visit Registered Provider
Any health care provider who can prescribe controlled substances in New York State, is qualified to treat the patient’s serious condition and completes a two to four-hour course on medical cannabis, can certify patients.
Need a Cannabis Friendly Doctor?
Get certified by our partners at Flowered Wellness
What You’ll Need
- Signed certification from a NYS registered practitioner
- Proof of NYS residency
- Birth certificate for patients under the age of 18
3. Select Registration
To certify qualifying patients for medical cannabis, practitioners must use the Medical Marijuana Data Management System, located within the Health Commerce System (HCS).
Patients may designate up to two caregivers during the registration process. After the patient’s registration is processed, the designated caregiver(s) must then register with the Department using the same online system described in number 2 above.