Taking The Fear Out Of DIY Infusing
In This episode of The Cannabis Community Insider, Host Penelope Hamilton sits down with guests Dorothy Rourke Stiver and Natalie Lopez of Airmid Outreach to learn about the DIY process of creating a cannabis-infused pain cream. Learn and be encouraged by Dorothy and Natalie as they emphasize how easy and economical it is to make your own medicine. The topical recipe is shared at the end of the video or find it below, so “have no fear”!
Before mixing all your ingredients you will want to de-carb you cannabis flower or cannabis concentrate. For simplicity AirMid uses concentrate such as shatter or butter to name a few. De-carbing is when you heat your cannabis to activate the THC otherwise You can skip the de-carb process as it naturally does once it gets heated to any extent but will make for a less potent product if not fully processed. Some concentrates such as the “RSO” (Rick Simpson oil) or more commonly found and better described in Illinois is FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil) in which these products at the dispensary are already de-carbed and ready to use.
How to ‘De-carb your Cannabis Concentrate’
- 1g Cannabis Concentrate
Tools to use:
- Gram Measuring Scale
- Silicone Cup
- Cooking Tray
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Measure out your desired amount of cannabis concentrate.
- Place the Silicone cup on a cooking tray and add your concentrate to the silicone cup.
- Let it sit in the oven to De-carb for 25 min.
- Set your timer and enjoy some cannabis
- REMEMBER you consumed and wear your oven mitts and remove them from the oven 😉
Pain Rub Recipe:
Can be made on stove top, Crock Pot, Insta-Pot, or with a Magic Butter Machine
Yield: 3 Cups Time: 2 Hours Temperature: Low to Medium Heat – 250 degrees max
- 1/2 cup MCT Oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Butter
- 3/4 cup Shea Butter
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Glycerin
- 1/3 cup Beeswax
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Lecithin
- De-carbed Cannabis Concentrate
- Essential Oils
Tools to use:
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Cooking Pot
- Silicone Spatula
- Storage Jars/Container
- Add all ingredients to cooking pot.
- Over low/medium heat, allow ingredients to melt down to a liquid while stirring frequently.
- Pour into jars.
- Store excess in fridge.
- Enjoy a cannabis treat, you earned it!
Dorothy Rourke Stiver – Owner and Operator
Natalie Lopez – Managing Partner.